Onsite wastewater treatment systems
We understand that it is a big decision to install or replace a sewerage treatment system. That is why we designed and developed a solution that people could trust. Our leading wastewater treatment system has proven performance that is reliable and affordable.
From residential new builds, upgrading existing septic tanks, through to commercial or community projects our solution is quiet, odourless and water efficient.
Our system takes your wastewater and transforms it into high-quality irrigation water delivered to your lawn, garden or shelter belts through subsurface drip lines.
- Low maintenance and operational costs
- Quiet – cleverly designed, no need for noisy aerators
- Reliable and proven performance
- Low install costs
- Energy efficient
- Passive wastewater treatment
- Protects the environment and family health
- Ideal to retrofit existing septic systems
- Technology is fail-safe
- Easily adjusts with requirements and variations in flow (crucial for holiday homes, commercial and community sites)
- Accredited by the On-site Effluent Treatment National Testing Program (OSET NTP) exceeding council requirements
How our system works
The design is clever in its simplicity. We have developed our wastewater treatment system locally, specifically to meet New Zealand standards.
Our wastewater systems are aerated naturally, which means we do not need to use mechanical aerators as other manufacturers do. Mechanical aerators are noisy and add unwanted costs to monthly power bills. We are one of the very few companies who have been able to achieve natural aeration, proven through independent stringent testing at the OSET National Facility, tested alongside other manufacturers systems.
Cleverly designed with only few mechanical parts, Ecocycle systems are the obvious choice for property owners who want a system with real longevity.
Primary treatment occurs in the septic tank chamber. The wastewater is then processed through a compact Recirculating Packed Bed Biofilter (RPB), state of the art technology that delivers reliable aerobic advanced-secondary treatment.
The treated water from Ecocycle’s system is perfect to irrigate lawns or shrubbery using shallow-buried, surface laid drip-lines or trenches.